Friday, April 10, 2015

It's Spelled with a "w"....Arkansaw

With a change in job, I had to set up a new blog on Blogger.com. So, I'm moving from "Thursday's Blog" to "It's Spelled with a 'w' " in honor of my place of residence: Arkansaw, Wisconsin.

Arkansaw has been around since the mid 19th Century, a former center of the lumber trade in Pepin County until the trees were mostly felled. Today, it's an unincorporated village of 300 people in Wisconsin's dairy county in the western Wisconsin, about 45 minutes southwest of Eau Claire. We're just three miles west of the county seat of Durand. It was named after the famed book "The Arkansaw Traveller" and the "Travellers" were the nickname for the local high school team (until the school closed in 1992) and the elementary school team (until it closes in a year sadly). We're the location for the Pepin County Fair, just a stone's throw from my home.

It will be the same kind of blog, just my thoughts on any political, national or world topic which comes to my mind, once a week. This time it will be on Wednesdays which will be my mostly likely day off in my new work schedule.

Those who ave been my readers, I'll do my best to help you find my new blog location, which I like to through comment sections at various websites, like TAC or Washington Monthly. Thanks again!

No comments:

Post a Comment